We’re hiring! We’re looking for a part-time staff member to oversee our Military Recruitment Report, as well as help out with other staff tasks. If you are interested in applying to the position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications are preferred by the morning of May 29, but will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
The Resistance Center for Peace and Justice is a new nonprofit based upon the legacy of the Western Massachusetts Program of the American Friends Service Committee. We are a peace center with a history of social justice work.
We are seeking a 25-hour per week Program Coordinator position to work in our office at 2 Conz Street, Suite 2B in Northampton, Massachusetts. Our work is strengthened through a diversity of background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more. Applications are encouraged from folks of color, women, and the LGBTQIA community.
Applications are preferred by the morning of May 29, but will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Producing the Military Recruitment Report (MRR). The MRR is a regularly published report, based upon the collection of public records requests of the 53 public high schools in Western Massachusetts regarding the state of military recruiters visiting those schools, as well as the climate of militarism within those schools.
- Working with interns
- Collection of data into spreadsheets/databases
- Overseeing correspondence with school administration
- Collaborating with organizational partners
- Formatting and publication
- Press scheduling and coverage of the publication and distribution
- Community organizational assistance. We assist community organizations, groups, coalitions, and other forms of activism with logistical support, in the form of advice, provision of sound and video equipment, and in other forms.
- Fundraising assistance. In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator shall assist in fundraising efforts, including (drafting grant applications, house parties, benefits, etc.)
- Monthly reports and collaboration on the annual report.
Responsibilities & Duties may include:
- Helps post to office calendar and website
- Data entry for our constituent management database (CRM)
- Other clerical duties as assigned
- A valid drivers license and reliable independent transportation
- Professionalism and passion for social justice
- Proficient on either Mac or PC, preferably both
- Familiar with various software systems (Microsoft Office, Google Suite)
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
$20/hour for 25 hours per week.
Two weeks vacation, no carry-over (annually).
Ten (10) days personal/sick days (annually.)
Please send an email with your resume and a letter of interest attached to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Coordinator.”