- This event has passed.
11th Annual Queer Conference
March 7 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 pm
The 11th Annual Queer Conference will take place on Saturday March 7th, 2020!
The event will be held at Hampshire College (893 West Street, Amherst – MA). More details to come soon!
View the schedule: https://www.hampshire.edu/qcac/schedule-2020
The Five College Queer Gender and Sexuality Conference is an annual student-led conference held in the Five Colleges. It was established in 2009. The Queer Conference strives to provide a safer space for engaging, learning, and fostering community and dialogue through offering a broad spectrum of workshops, panels, performances, and lectures. The topics center gender and sexuality with intersectional lenses, which consider race, class, ability, religion, mental health, survival strategies, and more.
The conference is free to attend, but registration is required.
REGISTER NOW at tinyurl.com/queerconf2020
A free lunch of pizza will be served on Saturday. Gluten-free and vegan pizza will be available, however we are unable to accommodate every dietary access need. Please plan ahead if you will be unable to partake in the pizza lunch.
A free CLOTHING SWAP will take at the event as well. You do not need to bring clothes to take clothes, however donating clothes is always encouraged (even if you don’t participate!)
The Five College Queer Gender & Sexuality Conference at Hampshire College will take place in Franklin Patterson Hall, which is wheelchair accessible throughout.
INTERPRETING NOTE: We are operating with an incredibly small amount of funding this year, and unfortunately will not be able to cover the costs of interpreting services at this year’s conference. Please contact us for more information.
• There are wheelchair-accessible bathrooms throughout Hampshire College campus, as well as elevators.
• Please be aware of community members with chemical sensitivities, and remain scent/fragrance-free to the extent that you are able to. If you smoke (or hang around people while they smoke) please use the designated smoking areas.
• Because flashing lights can trigger seizures or other symptoms, we ask that you avoid wearing or carrying decorative flashing lights and refrain from taking flash photography.
• Some doors in Franklin Patterson Hall are non-automatic; if you would like a remote for these doors, or if you need assistance navigating conference spaces, please notify us. It takes 5-10 minutes to move between buildings in a wheelchair.
• All lecture halls in Franklin Patterson Hall (Main, East, and West) have stairs, but are accessible by the ground level.
• There are wheelchair-accessible bathrooms available for use by people of all genders.
• We will maintain clear pathways for folks who use wheelchairs and other access devices in our conference spaces.
• The Pioneer Valley Transit Authority (PVTA), our local public transportation system, has several area buses that are free to the public. Conference organizers are happy to help you read maps and schedules.
• Service animals are welcome in Hampshire College buildings, but unfortunately, we cannot allow pets or other animals.
Please help us to diminish access barriers at the event and continue to work and build with us so that the event is more accessible to more people each year. If you have feedback, questions, or suggestions, or want to volunteer or help organize around access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org