- This event has passed.
And Still We Rise
January 26 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pmFree
“And Still We Rise is a special opportunity to come together with other women of color leaders to:
· Celebrate and affirm our identities and values as women of color leaders
· Rejuvenate and renew our spirits
· Connect with and create a network of support with other women of color
· Nurture our ongoing commitment to social change
· Revitalize our vision and faith in ourselves as leaders
· Acknowledge the important work we do for and in the community
And Still We Rise is a monthly leadership forum series that begins with a 4-hour introductory session followed by five monthly, 4-hour sessions with facilitated discussions and food. We will have guest presenters for some of the sessions. Since this is a program with an emphasis on community-building and deepening relationships, participants are asked to commit to all 6-sessions. The following topics will be explored:
· Leading with Vision – Affirm our unique vision of leadership and values as women of color leaders and develop strategies for bringing them into the world.
· Naming and Claiming our Needs – Identify areas where we need support and learn how to prioritize self-care and wellness, during times of stress.
· Stepping into Our Power – Explore the dynamics and challenges to our power and influence across the intersections of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, class, age, ability, and religion. Identify strategies for overcoming these obstacles and stepping into our power.
· Building from the Inside Out: Addressing Internalized Oppression and Working Against Stereotypes – Explore the effects of internalized oppression and stereotypes and the impact they have on our ability to lead and succeed.
· Empowering Our Communities – Explore ways to come together and build powerful and effective coalitions and movements for social justice and social change.
· Next Steps/Additional Topics – Reflect on additional themes that emerge within the group as time allows and identify next steps for ongoing networking, partnering, and coalition building.”
Class is Free. Registration is required, at truthschool.org
- January 26
9:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Event Tags:
- activism, social justice, Truth School
- Sojourner Truth School for Social Change Leadership
- Wesley United Methodist Church
741 State Street
Springfield, + Google Map