- This event has passed.
Pioneer Valley Street Heat
September 19, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
This is back-to-back with the Pioneer Valley Central Labor Council meeting at 5:30. If the CLC meeting goes past 6:45, Street Heat will meet as soon after as possible and still end by 8:00. In that case, non-delegates who come at 6:45 for the Street Heat meeting are invited to observe, have pizza, until the CLC meeting ends. If you’d like to come earlier, please contact Carol Rickless at (413) 732-7970.
As a joint-venture workers’ rights committee of Pioneer Valley Central Labor Council and Western Mass. Jobs with Justice, Pioneer Valley Street Heat works on the agendas of both organizations at regional, state, and national levels, including the right to organize, ending the economic crisis, creating safe and green jobs, and defending and expanding the public sector. Labor and community activists meet together for solidarity and to proactively plan specific workers’ rights, civil rights, and human rights campaigns.
On the agenda:
- Ballot Questions 1 (safe hospital staffing), 2 (overturn Citizens United), 3 (uphold trans people’s rights)
- Western Mass. Medicare For All organizing Springfield area hubs & Holyoke ballot question
- Responsible Employer & Wage Theft ordinances and legislation
- STCC Employees vs STCC President and Trustee
- IATSE vs MGM casino
- Springfield No One Leaves auction protests
- Retail Organizing
- Pioneer Valley Workers Center organizing
- Your organizing
- Ideas for other workers’ rights fronts to open