Intern with The Resistance Center
The Resistance Center offers paid internships year-round to engage local youth activists in the fight against militarism and oppression. Our interns are an integral part of our organization and work closely with board members to progress TRC’s campaigns and connect with the Western Massachusetts community. But TRC internships are not just about advancing our work, we also want to ensure that we further our interns’ personal and professional goals. Interns will be part of our youth committee, which provides opportunities for interns to lead social justice seminars on a variety of topics related to our mission of anti-militarism.
Interns will have the opportunity to enhance our programmatic work through three functional areas: communications, fundraising, and web development.
Communication is essential for TRC to engage with its constituents and promote our work and events. Communications interns take on a variety of roles within TRC, including but not limited to:
- Managing official social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Updating events in the social justice calendar
- Writing and distributing the quarterly newsletter
- Enhancing the messaging of TRC’s mission, vision, and values
- Attend Communications Committee meetings
TRC is a grassroots organization that is funded through grants and donations from community members. Fundraising interns assist in all aspects of the development process, including but not limited to:
- Identifying grants that fit with TRC’s mission and work
- Organizing fundraising events
- Connecting with current donors and potential donors through phone calls, letters, emails, and events
- Managing the membership program
- Attend Fundraising Committee meetings
It is important for TRC to maintain a polished website that keeps visitors informed on our latest work. Web development interns manage backend operations, including but not limited to:
- Update sections of the website with new content (information and events)
- Getting in touch with other TRC staff/interns for content updates
- Maintain stability across WordPress updates
- Debug website features when errors appear
- Add new sections/features to improve navigation and utility
- Attend communications committee meetings
Are you interested in interning here? Fill in the form below, or contact us at email@example.com!